SEEKING MEDICAL CARE AND UNDERSTANDING OUR PROTOCOLS DURING COVID-19
The GW Medical Faculty Associates has remained open throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and we remain ready to meet the health care needs of our patients. We have welcomed patients back to our clinics offering regular routine visits and select elective surgeries and procedures. With your safety and comfort level in mind, we have taken the following protocols in place at our locations:
- Managed appointment schedule to avoid crowded lobbies and waiting rooms
- Social distancing measures in waiting rooms, lobbies, and elevators
- Mandatory mask policies for staff, patients, visitors, and providers
- Updated visitor restrictions
Our doctors are ready to see you in the clinics, however, MyChart Video Visits are still available.
Schedule a regular visit by calling your doctor’s office or you can schedule a Virtual Health appointment today: call 202-677-MED3 (6333). COVID-19 Testing & Antibody Testing is available 7 days a week at our GW Immediate & Primary Care practices, visit gwdocsipc.com for more information.
The safety of our patients, care team, and wider community is our top priority. We monitor data about how COVID-19 is spreading in our area and adjust our visitor guidelines accordingly. Restrictions are put in place to ensure safe care, and we appreciate your understanding.
Current Visitor Guidelines:
The safety of our patients, care team, and wider community is our top priority. We continue to monitor data about how COVID-19 is spreading in our area and adjust our visitor guidelines accordingly.
Given the declining rates of COVID-19 in our region, as of March 9, 2022, our visitor guidelines are as follows:
- Patients can have one adult who is feeling well and not suspected or confirmed to be COVID-19 positive to accompany them to appointments. We continue to strongly discourage bringing children.
- We strongly encourage patients and visitors use a well-fitting, high-quality mask, such as an N95 or KN95, that covers the nose and mouth at all times without any gaps unless directed otherwise by a health care provider. Cloth masks are allowed, but medical masks are preferred. Neck gaiters and masks with exhalation ports are not allowed.
- No eating or drinking is allowed in public spaces.
- Regardless of vaccination status, patients and/or visitors who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the previous 10 days must isolate and not attend in-person appointments.
Thank you for your understanding and shared commitment in keeping our community safe.
Keeping it Clean and Safe
- Mandatory Masks for staff, patients, and visitors
- Hand Sanitizers: We clean our hands before and after we see you. You should clean yours when you enter and exit our building
- Common Areas: Extensive cleaning of waiting rooms, lobbies and restrooms, including most touched surfaces
- Exam Rooms: These are fully cleaned and disinfected between each patient
- Floor Markings and Furniture Rearrangement: We promote social distancing in our lobby, elevators, waiting rooms and check-in areas
- Mobile Check-In: Please be sure to use MyChart, our patient portal, to minimize your waiting time
Screening and Testing
- All patients will be pre-screened for COVID-19 before their visit
- COVID-19 Testing & Antibody Testing is available 7 days a week at our GW Immediate & Primary Care practices, visit gwdocsipc.com for more information.
The GW Medical Faculty Associates has been at the forefront of managing this pandemic:
- The GW MFA was the first to establish on-site testing in Washington, D.C.
- The GW MFA mobilized to provide virtual visits to our patients for most conditions
- The GW MFA is actively involved in rapid testing development
The GW MFA also provides business consultation as businesses plan to reopen. Please visit our COVID-19 Reopening Support Services section on this page for more information.